Split ends halt your hair growth and make it dry, frizzy, and damaged. They are a recurring nuisance.! Most of the girls cut off the hair assuming they never come back if do so. Is cutting off split ends strand by strand or chopping off the your hair the only way? No, not at all! To solve this, we bring to you easy to follow and natural ways to prevent and repair split ends. Read on to put an end to this problem and keep your hair long, luscious, and healthy in any season.
What does split ends mean?
Split ends (also pronounced as trichoptilosis) is the splitting of the hair shaft at the tip of the hair.
Split ends make your hair strands break at different points, making your hair look like a feather. They are a sign that your hair is damaged or under nourished.
Improper hair care, harsh chemical treatment, improper way of combing/brushing lead to split ends.
Effective ways to treat and prevent split ends
#1. Coconut oil
- Take required quantity of coconut oil in your palm and apply it evenly from the roots to the tips.
- Apply enough oil to the tips.
- Clip up and cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, shampoo and towel dry your hair. Don’t use a hairdryer.
#2. Coconut milk
- Take coconut milk in your palm and apply it from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Clip up and cover hair with a shower cap and keep it for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse your hair and towel dry completely. Don’t use a hairdryer.
#3. Fenugreek seeds
- Mix 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds powder and 2 teaspoons Curd in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture evenly to your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Clip your hair and leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse softly with a herbal shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Only towel dry don’t use a hairdryer.
- Mix 4 tablespoons Curd, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon organic honey.
- Apply it to your hair and clip it up for an hour.
- Rinse well with a herbal shampoo and towel dry.
#5. Papaya hair mask
- Mix 1/2 cup ripe papaya pulp, 1 tablespoon yogurt, and 1 tablespoon almond oil in a bowl.
- Take this blend and apply it to your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Clip up your hair and leave it for an hour.
- Shampoo it thoroughly and towel dry.
Not only soft and glowing skin but also strong hair reflection of good health. Choose any one of the above treatments, and do it every three days. Don’t trim the hair unless split ends are not uncontrolled despite trying above mentioned tips. Consult a trichologist (hair specialist) if you are unable to get rid off the problem.