A beautiful journey to the spot surrounded by the seven beautiful hills is a pleasure and excitement. Simla in the Himachal Pradesh is a true snow paradise for the tourists all over the world. A vacation with your friends or family to explore the snow peaks and green pastures is fun and adventurous. Apart from the sightseeing, it is a perfect destination for mountain biking, trekking, skating, and also for a honeymoon. It is a spot of the adventures for the tourists all over the year.
Simla is a city with all natural boundaries. It has Mandi and Kullu in the North, Kinnaur in the east, the state of Uttarakhand in the south-east. There is a blend of the luxurious and adventurous elements in this hill station. The ice-covered mountains and chilling atmosphere will never allow you to skip the chance of visiting the earthly paradise. Therefore, if you are into adventures it is the right spot for fun filling nature exploration.
Most visited spots in Simla!!!
This is an ideal paradise throughout the year for the photographers, trekkers, bird lovers, and nature explorers. So, quench your thirst of hill station adventure in Simla.
Simla’s streets welcome tourists to coffee shops, fast-food restaurants, boutique shops, and traditional shawls and handicrafts outlets.
- The Ridge in Simla: This is a large open space that provides a breathtaking view of the mountains. It is a worth visiting attractive spot with the family and friends. The panoramic view of the snowy mountains against an orangish hued sky is a lifetime memory.
- Mall Road: It is a favorite shopping place in Shimla for tourists and locals. Mall Road enfolds many hotels, restaurants, shops, offices, banks, bars, clubs, post and tourist offices. A walk up and down the Mall Road, enjoying the scenic view while sipping favorite coffee is a moment of triumph over all worldly tensions.
- Tara Devi Temple: An enchanting temple dedicated to Goddess Tara. It adores the much attractive idol made out of a rare combination of eight elements. It is a must visiting temple while traveling from Kalka to Shimla. You can witness the divinity and the lofty Himalayan mountains and the pristine green meadows.
- Jakhoo Hill: This is the highest point in Shimla, which harbors the country’s largest monkey population. This temple is famous for omnipresent deity- Lord Hanuman. It is believed that Monkey God rested atop the hill to find the Sanjeevini that could save Lord Lakshmana’s life. Beware of the monkeys as you may lose your personal belongings and shoes !! If not deposited in the stalls near, you may not see them again.
- Annandale: Located at a distance of 4 Km from the Ridge, is an Annandale village. It is considered as the playground of the city to play Golf, Polo, and Cricket. It is also quite a scenic spot for picnics and photography as it gives a picturesque of the Simla. This village is surrounded by Oak trees, Deodar trees, etc. With serene surroundings.
- kali Bari Temple: This temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali. This Goddess is popularly known as Shyamala that Shimla derives its name. This is a famous religious spot in the Simla located in Jakhu Hill. Many tourists love to explore this hilltop to witness the green forests and a magnificent view of the Himalayas.
- Simla State Museum: Simla tour is incomplete without the glimpse of Shimla/Himachal State Museum. It was established in 1974, on the Mount Pleasant. This museum contains painting, sculptures, arts, cultural anthropology, archeology, and about 9000 collections. This also has exotic and remarkable lawns reflecting the culture and heritage.
Other Important Tourist Spots in Simla
Not only the places listed above, there are many tourist attraction of worth visit in Simla. So, let us check that list…
- Kufri (tranquil surroundings, breathtaking views).
- Green Valley (spot for photography).
- Chail (Chail is the ultimate place for setting up summer camps in a snow town).
- Kiala Forest (beautified with the green vegetation as well as animals).
- Himalayan Bird Park (variety of birds you might have never seen anywhere).
- Christ Church (is an extraordinary monument built in the British era).
- Ride on Toy Train(will be able to look down the hill slopes and tranquil nature of the flora and fauna).
- Shaily Peak (photography spot).
- Kiala Forest (It is a place to visit in Simla, for encountering the Himalayas forests).
- Rani Jhansi Park (suitable for day picnics and also serves as a children’s playground).
Simla is a city with the brilliant culture and heritage retaining its natural serenity. Because of its beauty and favorable weather, is a nice and safe hill station to get a great trip experience. Cool and calm surroundings and invigorating climate of the Simla is a place of peace and pleasure.
It is easier to go down a hill than up, but the view is from the top is a victory over all hurdles!!