Positive Thinking: How to Develop for Physical and Mental Stamina
Health – this is a very important element in human life and every person’s health status depends on many factors such as diet, hygiene, home, thinking, and so on. Hence WHO (World Health Organization) defined health …
“Is a state of complete physical, mental (psychological), social, and spiritual well-being of an individual and not merely absence of disease or infirmity”.
According to this definition person is called healthy when she/he physically, mentally, and socially in the balanced (equilibrium) state. Physical factors like diet, hygiene, and surroundings are outer elements whereas psychological factors like thinking, attitude, adjustment, and confidence inner elements which determine the health of a person.
Among all mental elements, thinking has got dominant role in the health status of an individual. In this post, we discuss how to develop positive thinking for optimum health.
What is thinking?
Thinking is self analysis of facts to form a judgement
It is how we react to a situation. For the same situation, reaction between two people may be positive or negative. Positive thinking is favourable to the health whereas the negative thinking adversely affect both physical and mental well-being of the individual.
what is the cause of negative thinking?
- Unpleasant events/experiences in the family and society
- Traumatic life events
- Chronic illness
- Lack of adjustment
Adverse effect of negative thinking !!
Negativity effect both the body and mind. Its severity may range from the anger to suicidal thoughts. Some of the adverse effects are….
- Unhappy mood
- Social isolation
- Emotional outbursts
- Feeling down
- Lack of appetite (anorexia)
- Digestion problems like acidity etc.
- Quarreling with others
- Suicidal tendencies (in extreme cases)
How to develop positive thinking?
Positive thinking do wonders if you apply in every problem solving. Researches shown that if we cultivate some good habits, we can get rid of negativity.
Practice these simple suggestions and keep your thoughts on positive track.
- Use positive words: Avoid constantly telling yourself “I can’t”. Replace this negativity with words like “I will do my best” or “I will try my hardest”.
- Speak sentences that evoke strength and success: Try to fill your thoughts with words that make you happy, and strengthen your relations. Make a concentrated effort to focus on positive words rather than those that make you feel low or incompetent.
- Believe you will succeed: Always believe in yourself to create a successful reality.
- Learn from the past: Whenever you feel negative thoughts about the past, replace them with positive thoughts about the future.
- Surround yourself with positive images: Make your room happy gateway put up pictures and paintings that make you happy or that remind you of your goal.
- Avoid negative people: Stay away from people who bring out the negatives in everything. Avoid them or if possible don’t show yourself to those who will only make you feel worse.
Truly believe you are the best at your job:
If you believe that you’re good at your work you’re more likely perform the best. This will increase self-confidence ultimately positivity.
8. Search for Opportunities : Always try to engage in some work instead of spending time idle. Don’t recollect any failures in the past as every failure gives an opportunity to improve. Spend time thinking of ways you can turn your setbacks into opportunities to get ahead in the future.
9. Do something nice: Try doing something good for someone you care about. You feel good and develop positive behavior for being nice with others.
10. Read inspirational stories: Habituate the habit of reading inspirational books if you’re having trouble finding something inspirational about your life.
11. Engage in physical activity: Exercises release chemicals that lift your mood. Go for a walk, play a sport, take a jog to improve your outlook and thinking.
12. Watch your favorite movie or show: You’ll get a smile or a laugh when you watch favorite scenes.
13. Focus on fun and enjoyment: Spend time thinking of new and exciting ways to have fun. Try to search some excitement while you spend 40 hours a week in work at the office.
14. Meditate: Meditation not only improve physical health but has got favourable response on the mind as well. By clearing your mind, you can push out large amount of negativity.
15. Practice yoga: Yogasanas if practiced consistently, you have sound physical and mental health. Fit body and mind together bring positive thinking always!!