Heat Stroke is a condition caused by our body overheating usually as a result of prolonged
exposure or physical exertion.
First and common sign of Heat Stroke can be No Sweat.
In normal conditions as the temperature rises, our body’s natural cooling mechanism,sweat evaporates and helps to cool our body but on those humid and hot conditions evaporation is slowed and our body may not be able to keep itself cool.
There are few recommendations for preventing heat related illness..
- Wear loose clothing light in colour and fabric.
- If you have to go outside in hot conditions apply sunscreen,use umbrella or hat,stay in the shade or indoors where possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids.Staying hydrated will help your body sweat and maintain a normal body temperature.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol which can speed up dehydration.
- Don’t overexert yourself.
- Take it easy during the hottest parts of the day.Avoid strenuous activity.
- Open windows and use fan or turn on air condition.
- Never leave a child or old person in a closed parked vehicle The temperature inside a parked car can soar into triple digits within minutes.
So be especially careful in summer.
By Kishan Bhimani