India is blessed with tropical climate and is one of the popular winter tourist spots in the world. Winter season is usually called as “pink” of the Indian season.
Here we compiled a list of the popular winter tourist spots in India which are marked by warm sunshine near beaches, fogs in the plains, and mysterious lust in the lush environment.
Mumbai is the hub of India’s capital and financial markets. This city typically has warm and humid weather throughout the year. After India’s independence, Mumbai is rapidly developed into a major commercial centre and the world-famous Bollywood industry. Winters are deemed to be the best time when the climate is genial and air is cool and pleasant.
1. Gateway of India: It was built in 1924 and become a popular tourist hub in the city.
2. Siddhivinayak Temple: One of the richest temples in Mumbai, built by Laxman Vithu and Deuvai Patil in 1801. Lord Ganesha idol is believed to be self-manifested.
3. Marine Drive: Marine drive is a 3km long arc shaped road along the sea coast of South Mumbai. This coast lines the Arabian Sea and the best place to watch the sunset in Mumbai.
4. Juhu Beach: The most popular beach in Mumbai located close to the Andheri.
5. Elephanta Caves: These are specimen of rock cut art and architecture from the times of medieval India.
6. Girgaum chowpatty: It is a small sandy beach, at the north end of Marine Drive. This beach is good place to chill and very crowded during evening hours and weekends.
7. Bandra-Worli sea link: This is a civil engineering wonder, on which you can spin across the arc of Mumbai coastline.
8. Fashion Street: A favorite fashion hub for the locals and tourists that offers some of the trendiest and latest fashion clothes.
9. Film city: It is one of the largest film industry place where it is difficult to differentiate between the reality and fakeness.
10. Sanjay Gandhi National Park: In the midst of a busy Mumbai, this is a wildlife sanctuary and a habitat to abundance of flora and fauna.
Goa (City of Beaches)
Goa has a coast line stretching for a over a 100 kilometers, and attracts millions of tourists throughout the year. It is rightfully known for sandy beaches, beautiful little villages, amazing parties, delicious food with amazing tropical climate and rich Portuguese heritage. Goa is such one of the desired winter tourist spots which offers something to every tourist regardless of budget. Multitude of Beaches in Goa with scenic beauty ensures that your holidays are delightful.
1. Calangute Beach: It is a largest and busiest beach in North Goa and known as “Queen of Beaches”. It attracts tourists from all around the world owing to its festive and amusement environment.
2. Morjim Beach: It is referred to as”Little Russia” owing to the large population of Russian immigrants staying here. This beach is home to exotic species of birds and some rare endangered animals such as sea turtles.
3. Dudhsagar waterfalls: One of the highest waterfalls in India and cascades through four-tiers. The name”Dudhsagar” literally translate to”sea of milk”, measuring about 310m/1017 ft in height and 100ft in width.
4. Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception: It is a beautiful church located in the heart of the capital city of Panaji. The architecture and interior of the Church are worth admiring and it gives you a great view of the entire city from top.
5. Scuba Diving: It is undoubtedly the best way to explore the world under the surface of deep blue water. Discovering mind-numbingly beautiful coral reefs and sea algae is an experience you will cherish for a lifetime.
Other worth visiting spots:
- Anjuna Beach
- Basilica of Bom Jesus
- Dona Paula
- Colva Beach
- Flea Market
- Fort Aguada
3. Jaipur (Royal City of Rajputana)
Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, a royal city of forts, historical monuments, temples, royal pleasures, and colorful markets. Located in the desert state, the temperatures in summers are very high, while winters from mid-November to the end of March has this salubrious weather tempts people from all over the globe. This is one of the favoable winter tourist spots in India. The Jaipur Literature Festival, the largest literary festival in Asia is held in January, attracts a number of tourists from around the world.
- Hawa Mahal: The Hawa Mahal stands at the intersection of the main road in Jaipur, Badi Chaupad. It was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799. It derives its name from its unique structure of small mesh windows that allowed cool wind to enter the palace. Due to this unique design the Mahal is cool and comfortable during the hot summer months.
2. City Palace: The magnificent City Palace is a vast complex planned with precise intricacies, courtyards, buildings, and gardens. The Chandra Mahal, a museum which showcases various unique handcrafted products and other things of the royal heritage.
3. Jantar Mantar: It is the largest stone astronomical observatory in the world. The Jantar Mantar is located next to the city palace.
4. Nahargarh Fort: This fort is situated on the outer skirts of Jaipur, drenched with rich past. Built in 1734 with great architecture and planning it is a greatest way to begin the excursion of this pink city.
5. Abhaneri Step Well: It is also known as the Chand Baori Step Well, located in Abhaneri near Jaipur. This well is one of the oldest and deepest step wells in Rajasthan (and India) and was constructed by King Chanda (Mihir Bhoja). The square shaped well is 19.5 meters deep and has double flights of steps on south, east and western sides.
Exploring favorite winter tourist spots during holidays in favorable climate with friends and the family is a movement of joy forever!!